Re: [teacherartexchange] Cartoon America - Library of Congress Online Exhibit

---------

From: Woody Duncan (woodyduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Dec 09 2006 - 15:21:22 PST

I really enjoyed looking through the collection of drawings and
cartoons.
Everyone should plan to give away whatever they collect to preserve it
for future generations. Also it will keep our stuff off e-bay and
away from
garage sales. One point of confusion, who would deny the Library of
Congress permission to display work on the web ?
                                                Woody

On Dec 9, 2006, at 3:53 PM, Judy Decker wrote:

> Dear Art Educators,
>
> Shellee posted this link to Art Education list.
> Cartoon America
> http://www.loc.gov/exhibits/cartoonamerica/
>
> "James Arthur Wood, Jr., began collecting original cartoon art as a
> childhood hobby. Wood worked diligently throughout his professional
> life as an editorial cartoonist to showcase his collection. He
> ultimately turned to the Library of Congress to preserve and present
> his collection to the American people and the world. The Library's Art
> Wood Collection of Cartoon and Caricature contains more than 36,000
> original cartoon drawings. The 102 drawings selected for this
> exhibition reflect Woods primary collecting interests and the vitality
> of an innovative and evolving art form." (copied from the site).
>
> Enjoy!
>
> Judy Decker

Woody, Retired in Albuquerque
         mailto:woodyduncan@comcast.net