Re:[teacherartexchange] teacherartexchange digest: December 01, 2006

---------

From: Sidnie Miller (SMILLER_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Dec 08 2006 - 12:20:26 PST

chicken wire shaped into the form sounds like the way to go. When you first
try to stick the paper down it won't want to stay since it sticks only to other
paper so you have to wrestle it. Get a conch shell and look at the shape.

>>> Deborah_Kramer@newton.k12.ma.us 12/7/2006 11:01 pm >>>
hi all,
 i have just rejoined this list after a 2 year hiatus! I've only been
signed up for about 10 days but i have noticed that it has changed a lot
since i left. I have a papermache question that i hope someone can help me
with. I need to make 24" conch shell out of paper mache. I have used
paper mache many times to build smaller puppets and animals. for those
projects i built the armature from paper wrapped in aluminum foil. it was
easy to figure out how to build animals, for bigger ones i used chicken
wire for the body. i just can't seem to figure out how to begin to build
the conch shell form. i looked in the yahoo users groups under paper mache
but nothing looked to promising. i did a quick check of 3 user groups and
they all had spam and real estate ads. Very disappointing! i did an online
image search and turned up a site that makes papermache conch shell napkin
holders. looking at the picture did not help me figure out how to start
this project. Any help or ideas that you could offer to me would be greatl
y appreciated!

~~debbie