Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: [teacherartexchange] teacherartexchange digest: December 03, 2006

From: Beth Burkhart (burkhart.beth_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Dec 06 2006 - 19:51:04 PST

Hi Carolyn,

Try to have them use as little water as possible when throwing, and to
use a sponge to soak up all the water in the bottom of the pot before
taking it off the wheel. Using a metal rib to compress the floor of
the pot also helps to prevent s cracks.

Hope this helps.
-Beth in Chicago

On 12/6/06, Carolyn Keigley <> wrote:
> Could anyone tell me why my students wheel thrown pots will get cracks
> in the bottom of their ware?
> And a big thank you for letting me know how to write to this list.
> Carolyn at Tahoe
> ---
> To unsubscribe go to

To unsubscribe go to