Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: [teacherartexchange] cracked clay

From: Ray Leal (rayleal_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Dec 06 2006 - 18:04:45 PST

Doesn't it also have something to do with different thicknesses- like
if the bottom is a lot thicker than the sides, and they dry unevenly
it can cause tension and cracking as one part shrinks faster than the
other part?
I remember that I think from my master teacher many moons ago.

>> On Dec 6, 2006, at 3:19 PM, Carolyn Keigley wrote:
>>> Could anyone tell me why my students wheel thrown pots will get
>>> cracks
>>> in the bottom of their ware?

To unsubscribe go to