RE: [teacherartexchange] Museums vs. internet

---------

From: Hillmer, Jan (HillmJan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Dec 06 2006 - 04:38:15 PST

You all are wonderful.

The paper my daughter is writing is for a class on "Word and Image" and
yes, the paper is an exercise asking for her to think. I am sure that
the professor is not actually supporting the museum as something to be
left in the past. My daughter loves this kind of thought provoking
wrestling, as I do. The group's answers have been so interesting and so
supportive of one of the foundations upon which we work. Apparently
there may be some tough ideas out there in the world which we don't even
know we are fighting.

Woody, don't panic. She'll be using our ideas, comments and referrals
as a resource when faced with someone small enough to actually suggest
that museums are losing a viable place in our culture.

Thank you, thank you, thank you all!
Jan

Jan,
        I've been mulling over your daughters assignment all day in my
mind.
I hope her professor is really just testing her with this assignment.

Woody, Retired in Albuquerque
         mailto:woodyduncan@comcast.net