Re: [teacherartexchange] Museums vs. internet

---------

From: Jen Ellis (just.jen.ellis_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Dec 05 2006 - 20:16:42 PST

Here is another article that brings out some good points.

http://www.aam-us.org/aboutmuseums/publicinterest.cfm

1) Museum is an important part in community group
2) One of the most trusted places for educational growth
3) Key in attracting travel and tourism
4) Retaining business activity

Think of how many people visit DC a year. Mainly to see sculptures,
architecture and museums.

So-she could counter the "museums exclusivity". If you placed content
solely in the internet (at this time) advertising would probably be
the way to pay for content. Meaning they could have a large impact on
what is seen. I know its not always fun to see a giant WALMART ad on
the side of a page now, how would that demean a work of art with that
kind of juxtaposition?

You would have to hope for some type of internet museum like NPR or
PBS to become dominant.

Maybe some more things she could run with??

Jen-Cleveland OH