[teacherartexchange] bisque fired clay and oil pastels?

---------

From: Hillmer, Jan (HillmJan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Dec 04 2006 - 12:35:44 PST

Hi,

I am thinking about combining the textural visuals of Jim Dine with a
clay project. Obviously, the resulting projects would be decorative only
- not to be used as food surfaces. However, what else should I keep in
mind? does anyone know why I would not want to use oil pastels on clay
wall hangings?. Anything special I should know about how the pastels
would behave on a bisqued surface? How might I seal this?

Any helps, idea or brainstorming is appreciated.

Jan