[teacherartexchange] Web page software

---------

From: Melissa Enderle (melissa_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Dec 03 2006 - 07:10:15 PST

I tried the iWeb program as well. It is very simple, has elegant
templates, and works especially well for Photo pages. It even has
templates for blogs and podcasts. The software is in version 1, so it
has some growing up to do (some limitations can be frustrating if
you've used other software before), but I am confident that will
change. A new version of iLife usually is introduced in January, so I
would hold off until then if you do intend on getting it. Posting it
to one's .Mac a cinch. If you don't have a .Mac connection, things
are a bit more complicated.
I also like Macromedia's (now Adobe) Contribute 4. We just got a site
license for it and will be training our teachers how to use it.
Operates similar to a word processor and doesn't have a large
learning curve like the big programs such as Dreamweaver have.

Melissa