Re: [teacherartexchange] I think I'm back on/ NOISE level

---------

From: Rebecca Burch (mamallama_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Dec 30 2005 - 07:55:15 PST

The Yakker Tracker is helpful. You can get it at
http://www.bwisesupplycatalog.com/product_info.php?products_id=33082
but be warned... it works best in rooms that have carpet. My
classroom does not, so sometimes chairs moving around on the floor
would set it off.

Here's another trick I am using with my 6th graders, who have the same
problem your kids have. It might work with younger kids, I don't
know. I start a paper chain at the ceiling for each class, right over
my desk. Every day they work quietly, they get a link. Every day
they get noisy, I take one off. When the chain gets all the way down
to my desk, we have "game day" where we either play art games (they
love them!) or dodgeball for one day. This works like a charm.

Good luck!

Becky in Charleston WV