Re: [teacherartexchange] More Info: Art Trading cards

---------

From: bkramer(POP) (bkramer_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Dec 21 2005 - 08:52:09 PST

on 12/19/05 2:46 PM, Julie Jacobusse at JacobusseJulie@bellsouth.net wrote:

> The trading cards are 2.5" X 3.5".... When the students
> are finished they show it to me and I decide if it is deserving of a
> plastic sleeve.
***************************

My 7/8th graders make altered books and save any extra scraps of their
decorated papers and embellishments which we then use for ATCs (artist
trading cards). They make 6 each.

After the cards are finished, each student gives me their favorite one for
grading and makes one-colored envelopes out of colored const. paper for
their other 5. We then put all the filled envelopes on a table and each
student picks 5 diff. colored ones (except their color) so they are making a
blind trade with 5 other people. That is such a FUN day!

Lastly we make little card booklets which hold 6 cards and
decorate/embellish the booklet. It's a fabulous ending project to use up all
those extra leftover papers in altered books. Toodles....Bunki