Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: [teacherartexchange] Web sites: Art trading cards

From: M. Austin (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Dec 20 2005 - 18:54:57 PST

I organized a swap last year with 13 participants. Each month we traded
ATC's on a rotating basis so that at the end of the year we each had 12
original artworks from 12 different artists. The theme was a holiday swap,
and the holiday chosen was up to the individual. National Ignore Your
Housework Day, Thomas Crapper Day, Panic Day, and my personal favorite -
National Chaos Day, were a few of the more bizarre ones. This one was alot
of fun! I also participated in a Christmas ATC swap, a Frida Kahlo swap, and
had two cards on the Carol Duvall show last year.
K-12 Kansas Art Teacher

>I do not have a web site to show samples of elementary/high school
>student's Atc's. However, here is a web site with adult ATC images:
> Another site that tells more about the origin of art trading cards:

To unsubscribe go to