[teacherartexchange] Art Trading Cards

---------

From: Julie Jacobusse (JacobusseJulie_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Dec 18 2005 - 14:27:36 PST

I was introduced to Art trading cards in the fall 2004 when I student
assisted by my mentor teacher Margaret Longshore in Mi. I have since
gotten a job teaching K-5 art in Georgia and I have found the students
love making them. I only allow the 3-5th grades to make them. I
introduced them to the classes as a lesson and then if a student
finishes a project, they ask if they can make a trading card. They love
trading them and making them. I buy small plastic sleeves to put them
in if it is quality art. The sleeves are actually used for baseball
cards. The place is called Cobblestone Crafts in Holland MI and they
sell them .75 cents for 100 sleeves. The address/phone number is: 210
Central Ave, Holland, Mi 49423 - (616) 396-3029 I have not found a
place in Georgia that sells them that cheap-Cobblestone will ship orders
of them to you if you are interested.
Julie Jacobusse- from Michigan, now teaching in Georgia