Re: [teacherartexchange] clay cleanup help

---------

From: ceastman (ceastman_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Dec 17 2005 - 07:24:01 PST

about 8 years ago i bought 12 yards of 36" wide gessoed canvas and cut
it up into 6 clay "table cloths." we use the ungessoed side to work
on.
when they gets too dirty, i take them outside and the custodian hoses
them off for me with a high powered hose. the edges have curled a
little but it makes a great surface. in between, they fold up neatly
and fit in a box. at my other building there were some donated canvas
flour sacks that someone had split open. the advantage to these is
using one side for terra cotta clay and the other for stoneware.
linda in miichigan