Re: [teacherartexchange] Opinion about sketchbooks?

---------

From: Kristina (mhamster_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Dec 17 2005 - 06:30:38 PST

Thanks to all for your valuable (more than 2 cents) opinions on the
sketchbooks.

My first weeks of projects will be

Drawing on the Right Side of the brain - Self portrait... and either Group A
Or Group B...dumb names but my language is failing here.

Group A - Decorated Journals...small book making from the "better" drawing
paper. http://www.larkbooks.com/Book/CategoryDisplay.asp?SectionKey=167545

Group B - Calligraphy - Uncial (since we are a Christina School- art
history) then on to Tenwar fonts which are a play on the unical from the
Lord of the Rings.

with 3+ on the computers...going through a Stack CD's of Professor teaches
Web stuff

I hope to have an origami project to pick up the slack time.

any opinions on keeping a three ring circus going? Or is this more like
plate spinning?

I get to complete my supply list this weekend as a spreadsheet, to email to
SAX ...by project so I can determine the cost of each project and then I
will send it to SAX for bid. Thanks for that tip also.

cost of matrls + student success + and whatever factors I see...will go into
MY journal.

Looking at the better drawing paper from SAX...sorry they didn't have small
plastic T-squares...

My husband lost his job 3 weeks ago due to corporate downsizing so a change
is coming, and this new to me opportunity as art teacher...might be short
lived...Through the many changes about this I have decided to treat this
semester as a intense "workshop" and get all I can from it.

Funny thing, they had a snow day Thurs. so I used that time to scarf up all
the supplies left by the last teacher out of the Spanish room...and talk
with the secretary about submitting my first draft of my supply list.

I was calculating the number of classes = number of pages I would really
need in a sketchbook if I required an entry every class...

HA!

Somehow I had come to except that I was teaching 3 blocks/week on Tue wed
AND Thurs. Using my calculator, trying to look like I do numbers, I
commented on this to the Science teacher who was in the lounge... His nice
linear mind corrected me that my blocks were always Tues Thurs... HA! So
now I have 1/3 less class times...big difference. I would have been sitting
there wondering why no one was coming to class the second day!

I am sorry if I take up too much post space, I really appreciate every one
who has helped me both on list and off list, your generosity is a blessing.

Kristina