Re:[teacherartexchange] teacherartexchange digest: December 13, 2005

---------

From: Curt James (curtjames_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Dec 15 2005 - 08:46:48 PST

On 12/15/05, TeacherArtExchange Discussion Group digest
<teacherartexchange@lists.pub.getty.edu> wrote:
> TEACHERARTEXCHANGE Digest for Tuesday, December 13, 2005.
(snipped here and there)

> Subject: Re: Question about grading
> From: Rebecca Burch <mamallama@gmail.com>
<snip>

Becky, I love the passports idea. Thank you!

> Subject: Collection of Lesson plans -School Art Sites
> From: Judy Decker <judy.decker@gmail.com>

Judy, I'm so glad you're still contributing.

The Harrisburg School District Visual Art Department has a wealth of
information available online. If you're so inclined...

http://www.hbgsd.k12.pa.us/2043759993455/site/default.asp

> Subject: RE: books for refugee kids
> From: "Judi Morgan" <judi.morgan@sgs.org>

> Around the time of Katrina (aftermath) a site was posted about creating
> childrens books for kids who are displaced by war/pestilence, etc. Does
> anyone remember what that site is?

Judi, while searching this on Google I found
http://www.arttherapy.org/ which may provide some information.

Also, is http://www.miami.edu/hurricanerelief/ and the mention of,
"Karina Rojas, a former Disney artist, who created similar books to
help children cope with the aftermath of Hurricane Andrew and the 1994
Northridge California earthquake" what you're looking for?

--
Curtis James
cjames@hbgsd.k12.pa.us