[teacherartexchange] Scholastics - Award Winning Sculpture Lesson Plans

---------

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Dec 12 2005 - 13:46:15 PST

Dear Art Educators,

I did some surfing today to find some new-to-me lesson plans for sculpture.

Here is a link I found to some award winning lesson plans for middle
school and high school.
Award winning lessons from Scholastic Art and Writing Awards:
http://www.scholastic.com/artandwritingawards/sculpture.htm

Joani Share - a contributor to Incredible Art Department - has a
whimsical clay sculpture lesson inspired by the sculptures of Dr.
Seuss.

Also check out the award winning student art on the site:
http://www.scholastic.com/artandwritingawards/gallery/index.htm

I also found a portrait bust lesson from Amaco.
http://www.amaco.com/html/amaco_lessons.html
See number 16. This lesson uses Sculptamold - but regular paper mache
and paper pulp could be used, too. Good lesson for 3-D caricatures.

Happy sculpting,

Judy Decker
Incredible Art Department
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/