[teacherartexchange] Showcase on student art in Victoria, Australia

---------

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Dec 12 2005 - 09:37:17 PST

Greetings Art Educators,

I would like to invite you to visit Zart Art Student Art Gallery:
http://www.zartart.com.au/html/gallery.html
Ainsley Burdell sent the link to Art Education list.

There are many good project ideas - browse other terms too.

Here is one idea I found - Organic Sculpture (Term 3 - 2005).
All sculptures began with a paper mache balloon - then were expanded
with cones, cylindars, tubes, etc. They were painted with one color (a
tint) - plus black and white. The results were striking - somewhat
whimsical. I'll see if I can find examples online for the artists the
lesson mentioned as inspiration.
" Debra Helpin, Augustine Dall'Ava , Rose Nolan and Robert Klippel. We
also looked at the organic qualities of nature's own formations, such
sea urchins and sea stars, and the wonderfully whimsical works of
artist Bronwyn Oliver."

Many of the images are accompanied with "how tos" to get you started.
I think this Organic Sculpture lesson is suitable for upper elementary
through high school.

The plaster cast hands (using latex gloves) was a neat idea too (same term).

Enjoy,

Judy Decker
Incredible Art Department
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/