Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

[teacherartexchange] projector grant

From: Jeannette Anthos - JHH (JAnthos_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Dec 12 2005 - 06:28:33 PST

This is in response to some of you wanting to receive a grant to get a projector in your room. I have been applying for various ones for the last 4 years, but to no avail. (many don't see the fine arts connection)
So, I applied to the smarter kids foundation (
Which gives partial grants. (I really wanted full funding, BUT I caved in & did this) I used my square 1 art money & some funds from PTA to comp the difference. I got the VT470 projector & it is AWESOME!!!!!!!! (the lumens are so bright you don't have to turn off the classroom lights to see the image)
I can keep my flex cam, VCR, and 2 computers connected to it continuously!
The kids are able to not only see things from the computer, but art videos & my demos on a 60" screen!
It is awesome & makes an AMAZING difference. One of the kids today said watching the video is like being in a movie theater.
I am just so excited about this & wanted to share the news. It only took a couple of weeks to hear back, and it was very simple grant writing.
Some people have asked what I'll do when the bulb wears out-I am optimistic my principal or someone will help me come up with the funds.
Have a great day!

Jeannette Anthos, M.A.Ed
Art Educator
GAEA Elementary Division Director
J. H. House Elementary School
2930 Hwy 20 North
Conyers, GA 30012
Fax: 770-483-0397
"To live a creative life, we must lose our fear of being wrong."
-Joseph Chilton Pearce

To unsubscribe go to