[teacherartexchange] Mithila Painting - Folk Art of India - Lesson Plan

---------

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Dec 11 2005 - 14:15:13 PST

Dear Art Educators,

While surfing for lessons on Visual Literacy, I came across this very
thorough lesson plan for Mithila Painting: Folk Art of India
http://ias.berkeley.edu/orias/Mithila/OverviewMithila.htm
Lesson includes overview/objectives/essential questions - background
information - resources - image library as well as day-to-day lessons.
This lesson is suitable for middle school and up. You could substitute
tempera paints for the medium - instead of watercolors.

This unit was written by Kay Corcoran, 6th grade teacher at Del Mar
Middle School in Tiburon, California.

I will add it to my resources on art of India.

Here are many links for Visual Literacy:
http://falcon.jmu.edu/~ramseyil/picture.htm

Regards,

Judy Decker
Incredible Art Department