Re: [teacherartexchange] gift for custodian?

---------

From: Maggie White (mwhiteaz_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Dec 11 2005 - 08:51:20 PST

Michal and Woody are so right--remembering all those behind-the-scenes
folks is so important. I usually fixed a couple of slices of poundcake
on a paper plate, covered with plastic, for the janitors (whom I rarely
saw), the secretaries, and the saintly man who fulfilled my requisitions
at the MS I was at for two years. At the HS, I usually made a plate of
gingerbread and put it in the janitors' workroom for them to share (I
usually sought out my favorites first so they would be sure to get
some), as well as another plate for the office staff (who were an
extraordinarily nasty bunch of rhymes-with-witches, but still, I had to
deal with them daily).

If you're not a baker or don't want to give food, maybe a gift card from
a video store? Some nice unscented lotions and balms? (Burt's Bees
has nice little gift sets). A lovely picture frame (you can't have
too many!) or album?

Maggie