Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

[teacherartexchange] Fun middle school project ideas

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Dec 10 2005 - 17:09:45 PST

Dear Art Educators,

I did some surfing looking for new school sites to feature on
Spotlight on Student Art. I didn't find anything yet - but found this
middle school art gallery that might interest some middle school
I thought the self portrait with glasses was a nice lesson. Portraits
are in pencil with the glasses in color showing what might be
reflected in the glass (fantasy).
The glasses create a nice center of interest.

The patterned pets looked like a good lesson for fifth-sixth graders.
See Picasso portraits, tessellation and more.

If anyone discovers a good school art site in your surfing - please
post. I need some schools to feature.

Judy Decker
Incredible Art Department
Incredible Art Resources