[teacherartexchange] Powerpoint Questions ???

---------

From: Woody Duncan (woodyduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Dec 08 2005 - 12:50:55 PST

I'm a mac person and I have MS Office for the mac.
I have created lots of powerpoints. I use powerpoint
because most of the world use PC's. Today I helped
another Docent do a powerpoint presentation. It went
over so well to this audience of non tech types, that
now other docents want me to teach them to create
powerpoint. No problem there, but if they do not
have Office on their personal PC what is the most
economical version they should buy ? Does it depend
on which MS platform (OS) they have ? I did a Google
and found Office for $299 and a teacher/student version
for $119. Is it worth getting ? Do you need proof
of being a student or a teacher ? I bought my Office
for the Mac years ago and I'm out of the loop on
what version to recommend. My wife's Dell came loaded
with Office so we did not need to add it.

Any suggestions would be helpful.

On a related topic, I have another question. I have
Keynote on my laptop (a powerbook of course). I also
have Office for the mac on my laptop. When I play any
powerpoint I have created it plays as a powerpoint.
But when I ran this other Docents powerpoint she created
on her PC it opened as Keynote. Which was OK, because it
worked. Some slides were messed up, but most were as
she created them. I've run other peoples powerpoints
before and Keynote never opened. What's up ? Can anyone
tell me ? If not, no big deal it was just confusing.

                                Woody

--
	Woody, Retired in Albuquerque
		mailto:woodyduncan@comcast.net