Re: [teacherartexchange] Good for you, Chris!

---------

From: chris massingill (chris_massingill_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Dec 07 2005 - 21:15:35 PST

Thank you Woody and Maggie and Merilee, and everyone
else who emailed me!!!!

I didn't think anyone else would be interested in my
"advice". My administrators don't don't really pay
that much attention to what I teach in my classroom
and it kills me because I spend so much time planning
these lessons -- somedays I honestly think I could
just have all the kids draw hand turkeys and no one
would notice. So it is so wonderful to get some
positive feedback from someone who cares! AND I would
love to hear other people's offbeat holiday solutions
to add to my list for next year.

I think this job is just to hard to waste good class
time on projects we don't want and don't have to do if
we can come up with reasonable alternatives that fit
our own teaching styles and methods. Besides,
teaching about what I love is always more fun and
that's the only thing that can get me through the days
when I have a kid glue his face to the table with
stick glue or color all her teeth black with a
marker!!!

Thanks again for all your feedback - I love this list
and will try not to be such a lurker.

chris massingill