Re: [teacherartexchange] photo transfer

---------

From: M. Austin (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Dec 07 2005 - 15:50:45 PST

I have a book titled "Newberry and Caldecott Medalist and Honor Book
Winners" that I found in a discard pile. This book is kind of like an
encyclopedia - books are listed alpabetically with a brief description of
the author & book. I had thought about choosing some of my favorite
childhood books and doing a page dedicated to that book. That might inspire
your teachers. The kids could do book reports visually in the book, tying it
in with the writing they are probably doing. Also, how about twittering -
where the students spend 10 minutes expressing themselves with pictures
and/or words, depending upon their mood, on a given topic. Teach them how to
read a painting, and show them how they could do this technique with the
illustrations on the cover of a book. I would think about how I use
writing/reading in my classroom and then try to see how other teachers could
benefit from my ideas. :-)
~Michal
K-12 Kansas Art Teacher
http://www.geocities.com/theartkids