Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: [teacherartexchange] photo transfer

From: Woody Duncan (woodyduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Dec 07 2005 - 13:30:47 PST

        I saw some neat 5th grade word illustrations on
Linda's school site.
Also check out my eight graders reading on the web:
It shows how technology can encourage kids to read.
Or perhaps our wall of words to promote vocabulary.
Or art words in the classroom:
That's one of the triplets reading on the pot years ago.
When Tiffanie is 13 she is going to be real mad at me.
Rosie did a great book making workshop for us one year.
But I think it's more art than reading oriented.
                        Good Luck, Woody
Remember, Literacy is not just words on paper. We need to
be able to see and interpret everything around us.

Sidnie Miller wrote:
> Hi All, I got enlisted to present for an hour at a Literacy Conference (k-12) in our District. I plan to show them some Altered Books but my samples are so art oriented. I don't think that painting and cleaning up after it are in the cards for many teachers. I plan to show found poetry and some of the cool poetry formulas that Michal talked about. Of course they could make a painting or collage and write about it, but I need some more ideas ! Anyone feel literarily (is that a word? Why am I doing a literacy presentation!!!!) inspired?? Sid

	Woody, Retired in Albuquerque
35 Quality Middle School Art Lessons
Ordering Address: PO Box 91703
Albuquerque, NM    87199-1703