[teacherartexchange] Paint for Ceramic tile?

---------

From: Cathy Gaul (allgaul_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Dec 07 2005 - 04:46:30 PST

Hi All,
Anticipating a spring project here. I have been asked to do another all
school project (I am still working on the first one as far as a write-up to
share).
We want to make a character education-based project using 6x6 tiles and
mount them on the wall in a border up high on the wall near the ceiling. We
will be using some sort of wood molding so we can slide the tiles into the
space between the moldings and the tiles will be held in place that way. No
grout or glue to a background and if we ever get OUR bond passed in town,
they can be easily moved to a new school. (In my dreams, I think!)
Anyway, the question: As far as paint for tiles, that can be baked in the
oven, what brand has anyone used successfully? Is there anything that can be
air dried?
The theme is "The Kaleidoscope of Kingston" and will be done K-5th grade. I
was imagining a good symmetry lesson in increasing sophistication starting
with stamps or stenciling with the Kinders-1-2 and progressing to more
painting with the paint and possibly some sort of marker for tile?
Any thoughts or suggestions on supplies?
Thanks!

Cathy