Re: [teacherartexchange] Clay Animation Questions

---------

From: M. Austin (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Dec 06 2005 - 17:58:13 PST

I had forgotten how difficult the exact page was to find - Sorry!!! It's at
http://www.animateclay.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=Sections&file=index&req=viewarticle&artid=24&page=1
If the link is too long you may want to cut & paste. The name of the program
is "Anasazi Stop Motion Animator".

I purchased "Claymation Christmas" from E-bay to show my class tomorrow.
These kids are AMAZING! I showed them Gumby - 2 months ago they would have
thought it was cheesy, but now they are making comments about how difficult
and time consuming the opening shots would be. They started debating about
how "Rudolph" MIGHT be clay animation, but definately was stop-animation.
They knew immediately that Wallace & Grommit and Chicken Run were clay
animation. They are really discussing backgrounds, facial expressions, how
to do certain scenes. I am in awe at how far my middle school students have
come in their thought process. I am planning on having my 2nd graders write
stories in groups during my library class and having my middle school
students animate them next semester.
~Michal
K-12 Kansas Art Teacher
http://www.geocities.com/theartkids