Re: [teacherartexchange] Need Quick Drying Paint

---------

From: Sidnie Miller (smiller_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Dec 06 2005 - 12:19:36 PST

Woody--My favorite tool (for the impatient) is a heat gun from Walmart. I use it all the
time for everything--it's great for hardening up clay, but I also use it in altered books to
speed up drying time. If the acrylic is gloss and think it will bubble. Flat white is great. The
guns get really hot (700 degrees) so you have to be careful about what surface you heat on--
you could line up some bricks or use a kiln shelf. If you're gluing stuff on it may affect the
glue--try it. Sid

>>> woodyduncan@comcast.net 12/05/05 4:57 PM >>>
I do a collograph printmaking workshop that requires
painting the printing plate (and then drying time)
prior to inking and printing. Normally I use some
cheap white house paint. But for workshops it would
be great if I could coat the plates with something
that would dry completely in a very short time. By
that I mean 20 - 30 minutes. Does anyone know what
I could use (just for workshops). It's complicated
to have participants come back later to print their
plates. Any suggestions would be welcome.
                        Woody

--
	Woody, Retired in Albuquerque
		mailto:woodyduncan@comcast.net