Re: [teacherartexchange] holiday project

---------

From: Teresa Holt (artlady53_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Dec 05 2005 - 20:21:01 PST

Add a little architectural interest by drawing "onion domes". I'm using
black construction paper with construction paper crayons and metallic
crayons. We viewed and discussed different examples on "onion domes" around
the world. Talked about basic design and then eased into pattern discussion
for decorating the domes. Students need to use heavy hand with crayons for
great rich colors. I plan on using toothbrushed and white paint to make it
snow on our buildings next week. Not exactly holiday but definately seasonal
with the snow. Enjoy...
Teresa