Re: [teacherartexchange] holiday project

---------

From: Marcy Bogdanich (marcy_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Dec 05 2005 - 20:12:59 PST

An easy, no frills, winter display can be made from torn paper...winter
birds out of shades of browns, bright red, or blue. We make a branch torn
out of black, brown or white, add a bird(s),and suns, clouds etc some kids
tore out nests with eggs and baby birds in them.,..we're taking poetic
license here! but these were done by 2nd graders so 3rd-5th would be
spectacular!. Have done torn paper action figures with 5th and have always
been so pleased with the detail they were able to place in the picture.
Tearing, especially with heavier paper looks great and you can add some
white paint for snow on the branches and use lt. blue or gray background.
You could even make a mural tearing a whole tree out of brown craft paper
and adding individual birds.