Re: [teacherartexchange] holiday project

---------

From: Woody Duncan (woodyduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Dec 05 2005 - 17:06:03 PST

Winter holiday in Miami, you have to be kidding.
Have the kids ever seen snow ?

Sorry for the joke. Many years ago an art director
in my school district made it very clear to the
school board that art teachers should not be expected
to do holiday projects or be expected to do decorations
for the schools. We had a serious curriculum to follow
and should be expected teach art concepts and methods.
This got us off the hook with most building principals.
So, no more jack o lanterns, turkeys, etc. I did do
things for the school but only if it could be justified
in my classes or done after school.
                                Woody

--
	Woody, Retired in Albuquerque