[teacherartexchange] drywall texture/paint

---------

From: Duffey, Patrick G. (DuffeyP_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Dec 05 2005 - 14:49:51 PST

You can paint any drywall joint or topping compound that you have used
as a texture after it is dry with PVA (poly vinyl acetate) a drywall
sealer, or latex or acrylic paint. I have had great success using any
light color latex paint as a base coat and then paint with acrylic
paints and mediums. Check out the book "The Paint Effects Bible" by
Jerry Skinner...there are lots of water based recipes for paint effects
in there