Re: [teacherartexchange] clay cleanup help

---------

From: Marvin Bartel (marvinpb_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Dec 05 2005 - 05:49:57 PST

Carpet may not be hard enough to put vinyl flooring directly on it, but it may work to put down some OSB (oriented strand board) sheets down on top of the carpeted floor and then paste the vinyl flooring on that. In the future, if the room is used for other purposes, they would still have the carpet in new condition under this floor. The other option is to pull the carpet out.

I recently purchased a rubber squeegee that is sold for garage floors. If you have a smooth floor, it works great to push watery clay to a floor drain or to a central spot where it can be taken up with a wet dry vac. The floor is essentially dry and clean after the squeegee passes over a messy area that has been flooded and soaked with water from a pail or hose.

Marvin