Re:[teacherartexchange] lithography

---------

severn_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Sun Dec 04 2005 - 23:15:18 PST

Subject: Re: Woodcuts of Helen Frankenthaler
From: Ann Heineman <aiheineman@prodigy.net>
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 09:53:45 -0500

Hi Judy,
    Thanks for these links, and to Josephine for sharing her site! If anyone
has some good sources for lithography and lithography artists, please share.
I've decided to take advanced lithography winter qtr.

                            Ann-on-y-mouse in Columbus
                            Art teacher, K-5, retired

Hi Ann

The primary source for traditional lithography is tamarind
http://www.unm.edu/~tamarind/process.html
they publish a huge tome which is considered to be the lithographers' bible.

However there is a revolution in less toxic methods taking place in
printmaking circles. See nik semenof
http://duke.usask.ca/%7Esemenoff/

and
a list of printmaking websites regarding technical matters
http://www.acay.com.au/~severn/methods.htm

hope this helps
josephine