Re: [teacherartexchange] another painting question

---------

From: Woody Duncan (woodyduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Dec 03 2005 - 06:36:50 PST

Nora,
        I don't do collage often, but I have done what
I call a white on white collage prior to painting my
watercolors. The only examples I have were done by my
students. They "tore" and pasted various papers onto
a watercolor sheet using metlyn paste. It's just the
stuff you use for paper mache. As for photos, you can
print them out on all sorts of paper or transfer them
to various papers using a copy machine. I'd be careful
using an ink jet cause the inks are not waterproof but
that might give you a great effect. Here are pics of
my eight graders doing a collage and painting over it.
http://www.taospaint.com/AdobeLesson.html
                Best of Luck, Woody

--
	Woody, Retired in Albuquerque