Re: [teacherartexchange] Paint medium to build up texture

---------

From: Woody Duncan (woodyduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Dec 02 2005 - 08:06:04 PST

Linda,
        My personal watercolors often have texture applied,
prior to painting, using Liquitex modeling paste. I apply
it with a palette knife. The texture takes the watercolor
well. It's something you need to play with first. My students
have used this technique as well. I had them do small test
paintings first to get an idea as to what might happen.
I've never done anything like cakes so I don't know how it
might work there. Watercolor uses the white of the paper
and you probally want cake frosting mostly white.
                        Good Luck, Woody

--
	Woody, Retired in Albuquerque
		mailto:woodyduncan@comcast.net