RE: [teacherartexchange] field trip help

---------

From: Theresa Parker (tlparker77_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Dec 01 2005 - 18:38:36 PST

Hi Pam~

Why not take a trip to Honolulu for your first field trip? Having done a
BFA at UH, I spent lots of time at the Honolulu Academy of Arts. It's a
nice museum for a city the size of Honolulu. Their Asian collection is
quite strong, and their S. Asian holdings are quite good. They have a small
collection of early European modernist work which is worth a trip. They
also have a small collection of old Hawaiian pieces which are quite rare.
You could also go to the Bishop Museum which has the best collection of
ancient Hawaiian material and a modest collection of artifacts from other
Pacific islands. The Hawaiian sculpture and cloaks are its strong suit.

We'd love to hear what you end up doing.

Theresa
Gig Harbor, WA