Re: [teacherartexchange] White sulphite paper...time to reorder

---------

From: Sidnie Miller (smiller_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Dec 01 2005 - 12:24:56 PST

Not sure how well this does all the watercolor things, but I take the el cheapo school bid paper and coat it with flat white latex housepaint. It works well with acrylics and we have been doing washy shading with watery acrylics. Give it a try for your project.

>>> lindwood@webtv.net 12/01/05 4:21 AM >>>
Hi all,
     I am hoping one of you uses a white sulphite that you can also use
with paint. We have always used Sax's 90 pound paper and were able to
paint on it as well as draw on it, but it seems to get so weak now when
we watercolor on it. It loses all body and tears quite easily. I do
use watercolor paper for most watercolor projects, but for the youngest
kids, it has always been nice to use a multipurpose, cheaper paper.
This last bunch of paper is just different that the previous batches.
Any suggestions? Anyone have a great multipurpose paper?
Linda in Houston

Linda

Visit our Lower and Middle School Art Gallery Sites:
www.sjs.org
Click on Arts, Lower School or Middle School, Gallery