Re: modeling clay fixative??

---------

Nnaell_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Tue Dec 07 2004 - 14:35:27 PST

In a message dated 12/7/04 4:56:28 PM, marvinpb@goshen.edu writes:

<< You know that non drying modeling clay that comes in sticks that the
>schools like to buy? Well, can you put something on it to preserve
>students' work (to make it hard/non moveable)? Thank you.
> ~ Kathleen >>

I would ask why you want to preserve the work when it was made with a
non-permanent medium? The whole point of that clay is that it NEVER, EVER dries
out....What about making a mold of the work and doing a plaster casting from it?
YOu could paint it with that flexible mold making stuff and then use plaster to
cast the final work.

Good Luck!

---