Quilled Paper Ornaments

---------

From: Dave Haines (dhaines_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Dec 07 2004 - 09:06:03 PST

To spark a bit of Christmas Cheer, I give my Art I Classes a break from the
normal assignments for a Quilling Unit.
I used to do these at the middle school level, but the high school kids also
seem to enjoy it. It's a good way to relate symmetry/radial balance. You
can have students draw out a design and the try to duplicate it. The basic
rolls and scrolls are easy to make & adapt to a good design.
I was wondering if anyone else here does Quilling as a lesson? If so, what
type of glue do you find works best? I've been using tacky glue, but am
open for suggestions.

Dave Haines

---