he would turn over in his grave

---------

From: Pam Wellington (loveart_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Dec 07 2004 - 05:29:26 PST

I just had to put my 2 cents worth in on this one..couldn't stay quiet.
The book was awful. Terrible writer. But it is a work of fiction. Total
fiction made up from scratch. What fascinates me is the American public's
ability to swallow just about any fiction which comes down the pike whole
without any critical thinking whatsoever. There isn't a shred of truth to
the badly written story. I wouldn't trust that author's word if he wrote it
in his own blood. Towards the end of the book he becomes downright preachy.
It is a very thinly veiled attack on religion. Just because he uses art and
artists to forward his faulty thesis does not mean that we as artists and
art teachers have to embrace bad writing and works that hit the popular
scene just because they are popular.
Just my humble opinion. Everyone is free to disagree, but since so many of
you came out for it, I felt it was a good idea to bring in the other side.
Pam Wellington

---