Re: Painting on glass xmas bulbs

---------

From: judy nash (turtlesoup4u_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Dec 07 2004 - 01:35:13 PST

You could use "Modpodge" to glue small pieces of wrapping paper or tissue paper to the bulbs..... then use a black sharpie to create a stained glass effect.

MissCaiola@aol.com wrote:Greetings fellow teachers,

I just had a teacher today donate about 3 dozen light blue, silver, and purple plain bulb ornaments for me to use. Each bulb has the silver end on the bulb and a wire ornament hanger connected to it. It was great of her to donate them to me, and I would love to use them this year. I was curious if anyone has tried decorating these in the past at the elementary level? I am guessing that regular tempra paint won't "stick" to the glass long term, I am thinking in my head that it would scratch off quite easily? Elmers would work if I wanted to glue anything onto the surface, right? Any tips from those of you who may have done this in the past would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Patti in Toledo, OH