Paint mixin

---------

From: jlb (wjbaas_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Dec 06 2004 - 17:46:47 PST

Hi Art's Ed Gang

I had students use the tops of containers. We had all varieties of
carton sizes.
I discouraged using the top of ice cream containers as the are so big
that the kids would mix tons of paint (sometime just to be a smart alic)
at the end of class, we spritzed the paint left on the palette then
covered the lids with saran wrap for the next day. this worked like a
charm. We were using acrilics on canvas. this was a sure fire way to
make sure the same color would be available for the next day's painting.
If the paint dried up it pealed right off the lid. The one difficulty I
had with this system was that kids would wash their palates in the sink,
and the solid chunks of acrilic would plug the drain. I policed the sink
for awhile. that seemed to work just fine.

Cheers
Gelato

---