Re: what to mix paint on

---------

From: Sidnie Miller (smiller_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Dec 06 2004 - 12:45:45 PST

Several years ago the home ec dept.(pardon the lack of political correctness) was throwing out a pile of cookie sheets--I find that they're perfect to use for acrylic painting. When we want to keep it for several days we spray it with water and cover with plastic wrap. With tempera we usually just squirt it out on a piece of folded manilla paper--use it and dump it in the trash when the period is over. The sheet of paper keeps them from using a ton of paint and clean-up is so easy. I hate those little round pallettes --the kids never do a good job of cleaning and I hate to be the pallette police.

>>> Occasm@aol.com 12/05/2004 8:43:31 PM >>>
Always wanted to ask this but I always forget. What do you use to have
students mix paint on. I don't mean to store or hold a fair amount of mixed colors
(like plastic palette with the wells) but to actually mix small quanties on.
Disposable palettes are expensive to me, so i've used paper plates but I go
through them so fast.
  I"m thinking of some sort of plastic or plexiglass palette that can be
washed by students at the end of class.
   Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

mike sacco
paul j. gelinas jhs
setauket,ny