'The Da Vinci Code'

---------

From: Peggy Woolsey (eoolspeg_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Dec 06 2004 - 10:36:58 PST

I'm with you. I thought the writing was awful. Felt like a formula
format. People sure are ga ga about the book though. I like the fact
that through a tale about art, religion is looked at in a different
way. What I can't understand is, have so few people heard of the
gnostic gospels, matriarchy, goddess worship etc. that it is such a new
idea to so many of them? That's what I'm finding talking to people.
They also want to know more. That's good too.
On Sunday, December 5, 2004, at 11:55 PM, Holmgren wrote:

> I'm glad to find a few people who seem to agree with me. I found the
> book to be cheesy--I don't care at all for his writing style, and I
> just wanted the book to be finished. I was unable to get through his
> other books. But I seem to be in the minority.

---