Re: Foam Core cutting-huge stars!

---------

From: Cathy Gaul (allgaul_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Dec 06 2004 - 07:21:05 PST

Well, this tip is JUST in time since I am making 4'x4' Moravian stars for
our holiday program like these :
http://www.hgtv.com/hgtv/dc_occasions_december/article/0,,HGTV_3472_1393089,00.html
One of our teachers has parents who donate giant rolls of peel and stick
papers I think are used by vinyl sign makers. I have TONS of silver and we
have been covering foamcore on both sides then making these stars. The kids
are making 11"x11" sized, and I am making the two 4 footers to hang in 2
deeply recessed window. The theme is 'light' or whatever, so this is what I
came up with. The nice thing is these biggies will be taken apart and stored
flat for years to come!
I will take pictures. These are going up in a very plain Quaker meeting
house, so it is a blank canvas. We have a balcony and they smaller stars are
going up around the balcony overhang. We are also using some black foamcore
and oil pastels to make 10"x6" stained-glass-looking peace doves, the ones
with the slit and accordion paper folded for the wings? I am not sure the
lesson came from here. That should add a shot of color to the sparkly
silver.

Thanks Linda, this tip should make my life easier for those big stars!

Cathy

---