Re: what to mix paint on

---------

From: Carolyn Roberts (croberts18_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Dec 06 2004 - 02:10:32 PST

Our high school receives large stacks of book covers for the students to use
to cover their books. All of the ones left over, I take and the students
use the white side to mix paint on. Excellent painting palettes!

Mine also use the slick magazine pages...but sometimes it's difficult for
them to see the true colors of what they're mixing.

We have also used the back side of scrap mat board pieces, wrapped with
plastic wrap and taped on the back in a few spots to keep the plastic wrap
tight. These last a pretty good while. They like to let the paint
dry...then peel it off the next day.
Carolyn Roberts
NBCT '04

> I had a brilliant revelation this year...I am always buying plastic
> containers at the dollar store for storage of various things. This year
> I purchased 20 plastic storage tubs for crayons, oil pastels, colored
> pencils, etc. They came with lids. I didn't want to use the lids, but
> when I was about to throw the lids away, I realized they could be used
> as palettes. They work great and wash up easily.
>
> Linda Woods

---