You can cut foam core!

---------

From: LaDonna Dixon (ldixon_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Dec 04 2004 - 20:01:24 PST

A box cutter works best for me. Sharp blades and follow the outlines!
You can do it! Have cut tons of foam core over the years.
GOOD LUCK!
LD

LaDonna Dixon, NBCT
Visual Arts Teacher
Round Top Elementary
803-691-8676 x. 3304

" You cannot do a kindness too soon,
   for you never know how soon it will
   be too late."
                        Ralph Waldo Emerson
>>> Nnaell@aol.com 12/04/04 10:01 AM >>>
hahaha...where angels fear to tread there go I!!! I cut foam core
into all
sorts of shaped....band/orchestra instruments (I cut a cello about 3'
high)
snow flakes, swords, letter, etc.

I just use a very very sharp exacto knife (you have to change the blades

ALOT...the stryofoam wears them out very quickly) I am so used to doing
it...it
is like using a pencil for me! The trick is a very very sharp
blade...then it
will cut like butter!

I usually use the thin foam core (3/16) to do the shaped things.

Hope that helps.

---
leave-artsednet-20359V@lists.getty.edu
---