cutting foam core

---------

From: Elizabeth Heisey (eheisey_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Dec 04 2004 - 06:43:13 PST

A teacher in my school wants to cut large sheets of foamcore to contour
around photos of people, and then stake outside to promote the
wrestling team. (I warned her this was a pretty big project--I'll have
to send her Ellen's 'big poster' site for the figures. That would cut
down on her projecting and painting.) However, we were trying to think
how to cut contour shapes from foam core. I think an exacto knife would
be messy and awkward. I usu. only cut foamcore in straight lines with a
hinged mat cutter. Does anyone cut foam core on a curve? Do you use a
knife or have you rigged up a hot wire of some type?
Thanks--
Beth

---