altered books impetus-pretty basic question

---------

From: Elizabeth Heisey (eheisey_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Dec 04 2004 - 06:36:07 PST

Somehow i am out of the loop on the altered books thing. Like, I don't
have the students start other 2-d projects on top of other work, or
really even on type such as newspaper. I have checked several AB sites,
but I still don't really get the basic concept. Could someone help me
out? Why alter books?
Beth

On Dec 4, 2004, at 9:21 AM, ABRDR@aol.com wrote:

> I have in progress currently an altered book lesson for my 5th
> graders.  I took disgarded books from our school library and some
> books I bought for a dime or quarter at gararge sales etc.  The
> students are really enthused

---